The normal maximum length of time a postdoctoral scholar is expected to be at the University of Haifa is two years if the applicant received a fellowship from the Israel Council for Higher Education (VATAT), and up to five years according to University regulations. Prior approval is needed before a scholar may extend his/her studies beyond the four-year authorized UH training period. This request must come from the faculty sponsor and include the reason for the continued training and estimated length of stay.
- Filling the relevant application
- Submission of a scientific report detailing the research progress of the year that ended and a continuation report (up to 2 pages).
- A research plan for the second year (1-2 pages)
- an updated CV of the applicant
- supervisor's recommendation letter for an additional year with details of the scholarship conditions
If the extention includes a scholarship payment, the mentor should send the needed information ( Budget number and the period of the payment) to M.s Suzan Aminpour.